Physical Education National updates courses
- July 15, 2016
- Posted by: Andrew Frapwell
- Categories: Education, News, Ofsted
NEW COURSE: Wednesday 20th July & Wednesday 7th September 2016 – Already know about what is happening in Physical Education nationally but haven’t the time to attend 5 different courses over 1-2 years to find out more? If the answer is yes then this is the course for you. Not only do you get to relax in picturesque Worcestershire countryside, but you also get access to an Award winning tutor with national and international acclaim!
Andrew Frapwell, who received a Leadership & influence award from afPE at this year’s national conference is pooling his vast experience to piece together key information required for a higher performing, more equitable system that ensures not only compliance but also value added.
Andrew is using his own teaching background, his international experience developing assessment and curriculum for international countries, his insight into Assessing without Levels including authoring a book on the same title, his role as Ofqual subject expert leading the review of PE qualifications and his vast facilitation experience globally to structure a course that includes the following:
- Physical Education Mastery – what does it look like? How do we achieve it?
- Assessing without Levels – for greater inclusive progress, higher standards and less admin for teachers. A simple effective framework is presented and new standards are shared
- Effective curriculum design – a mastery curriculum providing greater opportunity for higher standards
- The new GCSEs, GCE AS & A Levels. Insight is provided in to the changes towards a higher performing system and how to achieve great results in the short and longer term
- Why using the new 9-1 GCSE grades for assessment in KS3 to estimate grades in GCSE PE at KS4 is a nonsense with the new measures introduced for league tables from 2016