Emergency First Aid at WorkITC Level 3 Award
Employers have to risk assess their workplace first aid requirements, and the 1-day Emergency First Aid at Work (EFAW) qualification is one of the statutory qualifications for this purpose.
With modern mobile communication, modern emergency service response times and the changing face of UK employment from a manufacturing to a service economy, first aid needs have changed.
What does this qualification cover?
Understanding the role of the first aider including reference to:
- the importance of preventing cross infection;
- the need for recording incidents and actions;
- use of available equipment;
- Assessing the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency;
- administering first aid to a casualty who is unconscious (including seizure);
- administering cardiopulmonary resuscitation CPR;
- administering first aid to a casualty who is choking; administering first aid to a casualty who is wounded and bleeding;
- administering first aid to a casualty who is suffering from shock;
- providing appropriate first aid for minor injuries (including small cuts, grazes and bruises, minor burns and scalds, small splinters)
Who is it suitable for?
No previous experience is necessary to enrol on the course.
If the risk assessment is that employees may be faced with life-threatening incidents where they have to manage the casualty for 10 minutes, or very minor incident that will not require medical assistance, then the EFAW is the course that meets your needs.
For other potential first aid circumstances the employee can phone for help and medical assistance
How can I be confident of quality?
We use an accredited ITC tutor who delivers these courses nationally.
The EFAW is a 6-hour programme.
Assessment is ongoing and the candidate must demonstrate competence in scenario situations.
The course costs £75+vat per person and this will include sandwiches and buffet lunch and unlimited tea and coffee.
It also includes your registration fee which we pay to ITC First on your behalf, planning, delivery, photocopying, resources, a course manual, assessment, internal verification, course administration and certification.