Standards-based (mastery) assessment in physical education (Assessing without Levels)
Where: Droylsden Juniors Football Club, Lewis Rd, Droylsden, Manchester M43 6NR
When: Friday 27th January 2017 (Primary)*
Resources: You will receive a 2GB USB containing 70+ reference documents and a colour bound booklet handout
Offer: 50% off The Association for Physical Education (afPE) assessment book available to purchase for course attendees at £12.50 (OPTIONAL) or £12.50 course fee reduction if you already have the book and bring it with you (Book cost = £24.99)
Other: Food and refreshments provided – please indicate on the booking form should you have any dietary requirements
Further info: Andy Frapwell (course tutor) 07803 603450; Steve Caldecott (Ofsted) 07872 609621
* If insufficient numbers primary and secondary teachers may be combined and the course will take place on Friday 27th January 2017.
Course: Standards-based (mastery) assessment in physical education
This course will answer the following questions:
- Why were levels removed?
- Why shouldn’t we reinvent our own levels?
- Why are ‘I can’ statements (Primary) and use of 9-1 grading systems (Secondary) for core PE a waste of our precious time?
- How do we achieve more progress, higher standards and more inclusive practice?
- How do we evidence progress in Physical Education?
- How do we reduce the administrative burden of assessment?
- What is mastery curriculum, mastery teaching and learning and mastery assessment in a Physical Education Context?
- What do Ofsted look for re assessment?