Register for our FREE Open Evening – 16th April 2015 to learn about how we can work with you to support the quality development of your PE and School Sport provision
Currently schools are required to spend their additional PE & sport funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, and they have the freedom to choose how they do this.
At afTLC our vision is that we want to see all pupils leaving primary school with the key skills, essential knowledge and concepts and the vital behaviours necessary to equip them to lead a healthy lifestyle and lifelong participation in physical activity and sport and ensure children are ‘next stage ready’.
To achieve sustainable improvement in the quality of PE and sport in primary schools we would like to work with you to ensure:
- Increased knowledge, skills and understanding for all staff involved in teaching PE and sport
- The habits of a healthy active lifestyle are developed in all pupils
- PE and sport is used as a contributing factor for whole school improvement
- Increased participation in competitive sport and activities
In order to help achieve this transformation we are seeking to offer schools a variety of optional support packages which include the provision of:
- Specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work with primary teachers when teaching PE
- Professional coaches to offer after school clubs
- Support and intervention for the least active children
- Professional development opportunities for teachers / coaches in Physical Education and sport including the Level 5/6 Primary Physical Education qualification and Ofsted qualified support
- Providing expert cover to release primary teachers for professional development in PE and sport
- Help to run sport competitions
Come along to our information evening on 16th April 2015 4-6pm to learn more. Register here to attend this FREE event.
If you cannot attend and would like to arrange a meeting in school at a more convenient time then we can visit you. Please contact Andrew on 07803 603450 or email andrew@afTLC.com
Useful information links
Click here to download Ofsted guidance which includes examples of effective use of PE and sport funding.
Read through the Department for Education case studies schools with a known track record for delivering high quality PE and sport.
Effective Professional Learning poster re the PE and Sport premium